A strong black coffee – that’s what you need, by the sound of things. Grab a nice big mug as you tune in for Lisztomania and Silver Rivers in the ever-refreshing Off-Grid.
Was it all a bit of a blur last night? Settle in, and let us take you for a ride down the river to recover, while you cross our palms with silver.
If the player doesn’t work, here’s a direct download link. (Right-click, Save file.)
The featured crossword puzzle by Tees.
The General recommends: This Twitter, Indy crosswords by this setter, and this Twitch.
Dave’s Twitter and his latest grid.
Void’s Twitter, and his most recent crossword.
Spoilers and links below the pic…
– He won down under, you know.
– Hope you have some clean sheets. And leave that barrel alone, sailor! Apparently, there’s a dictionary full of it.
– Oh! So it was where One Leg Too Few started out, ooh, but also “Interesting Facts”, so that sounds tempting.
– It was a double album, but not quite called what Dave was wondering.
– Not actually wings, by the looks of it.
– There’s a video essay on the tv series, if you want to know more.
– We didn’t have time to talk about that guy from The West Wing, Simeon‘s band, or this artwork by Margaret Macdonald Mackintosh, or why they both owe a debt to wandering Aengus. Nor even whether it’s even a colour (fr 2m14s)?
– Did you know he’d had a guest? Or that it had been adapted?
– Bring me the poet.
– It wasn’t Cleetus.
The Trudy can be found on Bandcamp (which has its own streaming app, and is a much better way of supporting any artist you are fond of than… certain rip-off merchants), or contacted via their home page.
Welcome to December, listeners, as the halloween, bonfires, seasons of thanks slip from our memories, we urge you to remember to please SUBSCRIBE to our grid-grinding gabbling on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Acast, or any podcatching app/program using this RSS feed. Feedback and comments are welcome, either here, on Twitter on via your pod program of choice. I know it’s tedious for you when we keep banging on about it, but honestly, an Apple Podcasts review, or some rating stars on any site, or just a share to a friend who you think will like us can really mean a lot to us, so… yes please. Ta!
— The Void ザ・ヴォイド #PR! #CovidIsAirborne 💙 (@TheVoidTLMB) December 13, 2021