It’s highly unlikely that an ancient queen might be found toiling away in Billingsgate, but do you ever wonder if Cleopatra bags fish? No? Okay, then never mind that, and let’s all pop out to a field for some fun.
If you’re in search of two spare anagrams and a Spoonerism, give a toot on your pipes, then have a rummage in this week’s audio rattlebag of delights:
If the player doesn’t show, here’s a direct download mp3 link.
The featured crossword puzzle by Vulcan.
The General recommends following this twitter account, checking out this book for the lowdown on… “fly-ing” and this site if you need to hire a science-literate writer / editor for your project.
Void’s Twitter, Mastodon, and his latest Independent (select Feb 28th 2023) and blog crosswords.
Dave’s Twitter, Mastodon, and his latest on MyCrossword.
– Fly, imperial sister, love!
– Void mispronounced/misremembered this word, maybe he was thinking about owls?
– The name comes from “abnormal spindle“.
– Further examples include Indy, Nemo, Methuselah and Pokemon.
– Solo bags, and many others.
– The article mentioned on making that particular bag into a game.
– Of course there’s a fanfic crossover.
– Where to find a mythical fiver?
– The statistical method. For the band, see below.
– This might ring a bell.
– Save The Rhino
– Missing the ground(/tree)
– There was wet hemp, and a key to a jar.
– Yes, Dave, sometimes people take the air.
– It was Cornwall, not Ireland, but it was 1901.
– Is Jess into falconry?
– The reason is to widen their cones, apparently, but if a kite isn’t good enough, then…
Please SUBSCRIBE to us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Acast, or in any podcatching app/program using this RSS feed. If you’ve read all the way down to this line, why not leave us a review on the afforesaid Apple Podcasts? It really helps us to spread the word and get noticed. Yes, you. Go on. Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on. You know you will. Thanks.
— The Void ザ・ヴォイド #PR! #CovidIsAirborne 💙 (@TheVoidTLMB) March 20, 2023