Polly water crackers? Well, grab your preferred choice of nibbles and settle down in a universally sized outfit to a new Off-Grid Pod.
Mega-(or larger?)-apologies if we have been being slack with our obligatory Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy references, but we make amends here. Also an investigation into a forgotten corner of science (or rather “science”, perhaps?), an escape from the perils of steganography, and precisely who might be your best person to pray to, if that’s your bag.
If the player doesn’t work, here’s a direct download link. (Right-click, Save file.)
The featured crossword puzzle by Qaos.
The General recommends: This character on Twitter, and this resource for many crosswords and related goodies.
Dave’s Twitter and his lump of foul deformity crossword.
Void’s Twitter, and his current PRIZE crossword (at time of release, you’d better hurry up).
Spoilers and links below the pic…
– No, not Arthur Askey, but rather, this, from which it surely follows that “*” is the answer.
– Philip’s book was called “Life’s Matrix” in America.
– To be scrupulously fair to Dave, he did say “seems to…”, but for deeper, scholarly research with cited sources:
– Kiwi Hellenist on why Easter doesn’t have pagan roots. (Ditto Xmas)
– Tales Of Times Forgotten on why Christmas isn’t based on Saturnalia or any other pagan festival.
– History For Atheists on why Halloween is Christian in origin, and not based on Samhain. (Long read.)
– Nonstandard and humorous, or casual work in one specific context.
The Trudy are still found on Bandcamp (which has its own streaming app, and is a much better way of supporting any artist you are fond of than… certain rip-off merchants), or can be contacted via their home page.
If you’d like to give us something for Christmas, simply SUBSCRIBE to all these tangential wanderings on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Acast, or any podcatching app/program using this RSS feed. Better yet, leaving a review on Apple Podcasts would be absolutely super. We don’t make any money from this, and that really would be a boost that would encourage us to carry on. Rating stars in any app, a recommendation to a friend, or a post/tweet with “#OffGridPod” would all be very welcome too.