Hey, you evocative flowers and negative orphans, come one, come all, to the great jumble of connections in our land of Pod.
Dear shevelled listeners, kwan you please take a side in the great pronunciation debate, as we take a verbal stroll through the spells of time, the anticipations of others’ minds, and the culpability – or otherwise? – of the engrams of the web. Please do click Play once you’ve had a guess at what we might know this week…
If the player doesn’t work, here’s a direct download link. (Right-click, Save file.)
The featured crossword puzzle by Qaos.
The General recommends: the entertaining books of this fine fellow.
Dave’s Twitter and his puzzles.
Void’s Twitter, and his crosswords, complete with explanation videos for the clues.
Spoilers and links below the pic…
– The full article on Irving’s ghost, his book, and some notes on Akkadian.
– The best (quiz) show on British TV
– If you don’t know what it was that he did…
– Multiple meanings.
– Further old ghost stories, told by an ancient blogger.
– More modern ghosts, but including an ancient one.
– Void was probably thinking of how Jack Winter met his wife (and not of Plum after all).
– If your name’s not Marge, and you’re pondering dating Homer, then the Kiwi Hellenist can tell you why it might be tricky.
I don’t think we need to link to Ray for you, do we?
He mumbles in his coffee and suddenly roars – please SUBSCRIBE to our grid-grinding gabbling on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Acast, or any podcatching app/program using this RSS feed. Feedback and comments are welcome, either here, on Twitter on via your pod program of choice, and the number of stars you are seeking, if you weren’t sure, is five. And, if you think she’d like it, please tell her about it.