There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in our philosophy, Horatio, but what’s in a name?
CC BY 4.0 Massimo Pigliucci
This time around we go a-wandering, peripatetic, through various schools of thought, but only stopping to look at the architecture and the nameplates. Fairytales are touched upon (don’t panic, Tantalus), and we ponder how long a title should be.
If the player doesn’t work, here’s a direct download link. (Right-click, Save file.)
The featured crossword puzzle by Paul.
The General recommends this Twitter account, crosswords both here and by this setter, and this Twitch.
Dave’s Twitter and his February puzzle.
Void’s Twitter and blog.
Spoilers and links below the pic…
– I suppose it’s just about possible that Spondulicks shares a root with a foot.
– We were both talking about the same person, not the old general, although there may be a war (dance) connection.
– If you want to put your best foot forward, try this.
– Yes Void, 776 was right.
– This was the long-distance runner’s name.
– There may have been a historical figure with the same name as the chap suffering the punishment, and that kind of culinary behaviour seems to have run in the family, to no good end.
– The report of the competition is here…
– …whereas this report seems to confirm *the* title went to Vaclav.
– RIP Don.
– Now, was it Margaretha or the daughter of the North wind who was the snowy inspiration?
– Not Japanese for cute, nor Mandarin for hello, but season’s greetings to you nonetheless.
The Trudy Love Boutique isn’t seen around much these days, but you can find their aural sweeties on Bandcamp. Also of note are the band’s Twitter, and their web site.
A polite enquiry: Have you considered all the benefits that SUBSCRIBING to us could bring you? Fame, wealth, and immeasurable good fortune… would be nice, I suppose, but that’s off-topic. Anyway, the links you’ll need are those for Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Acast, or this RSS feed in any podcatching app/program.
An interview with Don Robertson <-- Video page on JTV
It's all completely seamless stuff at #OffGridPod. And not at all editid. Sorry, edited. pic.twitter.com/2fYsZvHeDy
— The Void ザ・ヴォイド #PR! #CovidIsAirborne 💙 (@TheVoidTLMB) March 7, 2022