Read all about it in the latest edition of the Tortoise Times, hot off the presses, and never about happenings from ten years time ago.
If you would hear of the formation of Shapes Of Things, the naming of the organs, and some fantastical islands, then click on the play button, hepcats!
If the player doesn’t show, here’s a direct download mp3 link.
The featured crossword puzzle by Wiglaf (select 3rd May 2022).
The General recommends this Twitter account, and these crosswords.
Void’s Twitter, and his blog , featuring explainer videos for the clues in his puzzles.
Dave’s Twitter and his latest crossword.
Spoilers and links below the pic…
– Merriam Webster on such names
– About the Sacramento paper, including its history.
– The musical “going concern” in question…
– …who featured in the 60s film Blowup. (Why does the audience look so bored? Waiting for Beck to, er… blow up?)
– A site with lots of pictures of the work of the chiseller…
– …and from 44:32 here, is the feature on him, and there’s a clip from the full-length program on him here.
– The front page of the original island report…
– …to which The Guardian returned in 1999.
– Puck’s puzzle on the islands.
Paraphrasing ourselves in this paragraph, for 24 episodes now, all in the vain hope that a) anyone’s reading this far, and b) that if so, you might be kind enough to leave us a rating, or even such a fabled, long-sought thing as a review in Apple Podcasts. In Spotify, you need to Follow us first, and then click on the star to give us a rating. For Apple podcasts, make sure you’re rating us within Apple Podcasts itself, and not just your local star rating in the player. Any which way, please SUBSCRIBE to us! You have choices of Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Acast, or this RSS feed in any podcatching app/program. Thanks for reading (/scrolling past) this far, and we now return you to some bonus content for the hippest of blog aficionados only.