A Roamin’ In The Gloamin’ we go, with tales of assailants small and large, a paintbox gooped, sand as a sponge, and Holmes pouring out his heart.
A groat for your thoughts (blame inflation), but a journey of many miles begins with a single step, and yours starts when you press the play button:
If the player doesn’t show, here’s a direct download mp3 link.
The featured crossword puzzle by Falcon.
The General recommends this Twitter account , this site for word explorations, and offers this crossword from a little while back. You should also be on the lookout for a reprint of this book, and a new book – The 12 Quizzes Of Christmas – by the same author this autumn. If you should be anywhere near this pub when they’re running their fiendish quizzes (~autumn to spring), then it’s well worth stopping in.
Void’s Twitter, (this April’s) 1Across magazine, and a puzzle that may or may not be tat.
Dave’s Twitter and his crosswords.
Spoilers and links below the pic…
– Somehow, we’re reminded of this Roy Harper song.
– In case you Care, here’s a poem, featuring, appropriately enough, cows. Oh, and here’s the other one that also does.
– For more on the big round place, see here.
– The tales of The Ingenious Gentleman are recommended. (As, come to that, is this classic tale from Nelly, et al.)
– The film in question, which is not a road movie, to Berlin or anywhere else.
– You hum them, and we’ll sing ’em. (Sorry).
– Wot utter rot.
– Boozy skin cream.
We do this for free, you know. If you enjoy it, it’d lovely if you could spare the time to leave us a rating, or even better, a REVIEW! In Spotify, you need to Follow us first, and then click on the star to give us a rating. For Apple podcasts, make sure you’re rating us within Apple Podcasts itself, and not just your local star rating in the player. Any which way, please SUBSCRIBE to us! You have choices of Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Acast, or this RSS feed in any podcatching app/program. We really appreciate any and all of the above. Also PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS.